Why is my A/C or Air Conditioner Freezing Up?
A frozen Air-Conditioning Unit is common! Several common issues my cause your air conditioner to have frost on the copper refrigerant lines on the outdoor unit or on the indoor unit. Why? Here is a small list:
- Filters are dirty and the air flow over the evaporator coil is being restricted.
- A/C charge is low. Which means there is a possbile leak!
- A/C is over charged. Which means there is a root cause of a problem and a technician did not catch it or look for it!
- Outdoor Fan is not working or the indoor fan is not working or both!
- The outdoor coil or indoor coil is dirty and needs to be cleaned!
- There is a restriction in the refrigerant lines or a faulty refrigerant metering device.
This list is not all inclusive of the potential problems that can cause an air conditioner to freeze up! But, it is the most common issues found in the HVAC field.
Call 405-618-2247 today if you need profesional help to stop the freezing and get the cool comfortable air flowing in your home or business today!