What can cause a indoor furnace or air handler to make abnormal noises?
Here is an actual list of obstacles or issues I have found inside systems, blower compartments and duct work:
- Dead mouse stuck in a blower wheel!
- Blower Wheel is actually coming apart at the frame – makes a metal to metal grinding sound – too many dirty air filters over the years!
- Bad Heat Exchanger in a gas furnace – flame is rolling out of the furnace as the furnace ignites makes a popping noise every time the furnace cycles on- very dangerous!
- Mylar Balloon sucked into the top of a furnace!
- Roll of duct tape – been there 17 years!
- Toys – balls, boats, airplanes, etc.
- Instruction or paper information sheets from equipment or duct work – been there for years!
- Partial frames from old air filters!
- Construction debris from when the home was built! 40+ years ago!
- Beer Cans, bottles – small and large!
- Water leaking from an underground water pipe or sewer pipe!
- Loose insulation from the equipment or from the duct work sucked up into the system!
- Abnormal Operating Dirt, Dust and Debris!
- Plenum or Duct has come loose and making high velocity air sound! (See attached picture.)
If you need help with abnormal furnace, air handler, air conditioning noises call A.I.R. today at 405-618-2AIR or 405-421-5191. Or go to our website at airokc.com and schedule an appointment online.
Please have the noise checked out, you never know what is in your heating or cooling system unless you look or have someone look!
(We look for sound issues or any potential issues of any kind on every heating or cooling semi-annual service appointment. )
Do you need a new Heating and Cooling System? If so make sure you receive multiple free estimates from all the contractors you contact. And if the contractor or technician try’s to charge you for the estimate, you have the wrong contractor to do the job!
At A.I.R. we provide free detailed estimates for equipment replacement and for major repairs. All of our estimates will provide you with model numbers, manufacturer information, warranty information and financing information. And we always thank you for the opportunity to estimate the job and earn your business!
Call 405-618-2247 or 405-421-5191 free your free estimate today!
Natural Gas Heating-System
How to get your $30 rebate:
1. Choose an Oklahoma licensed contractor to perform a checkup on your natural gas heating system.
2. Review program eligibility and requirements with your contractor.
3. Contractor performs the checkup and completes the 26-Point Heating-System Checklist.
4. Customer and contractor complete the application.
5. Submit the completed application, checklist and invoice from your contractor within 90 days after the
date of service to:
Oklahoma Natural Gas
P.O. Box 401
Oklahoma City, OK 73101-0401
•• This program is available to any current or prospective Oklahoma Natural Gas customer or builder.
•• Rebates are limited and issued on a first-come, first-served basis until program funds are depleted.
•• The customer is responsible for the full cost of the natural gas heating-system checkup.
•• Only natural gas heating-system checkups performed after the program implementation date will be
considered for the rebate.
•• To be eligible for a rebate, the customer must have an active Oklahoma Natural Gas account.
Rebates may be available to any current or prospective Oklahoma Natural Gas customer. Only qualified
natural gas equipment purchased, installed or serviced after September 14, 2011, will be considered for a
rebate. Oklahoma Natural Gas encourages each customer to review all program eligibility requirements.