free heating repair estimates
What can cause a indoor furnace or air handler to make abnormal noises?
Here is an actual list of obstacles or issues I have found inside systems, blower compartments and duct work:
- Dead mouse stuck in a blower wheel!
- Blower Wheel is actually coming apart at the frame – makes a metal to metal grinding sound – too many dirty air filters over the years!
- Bad Heat Exchanger in a gas furnace – flame is rolling out of the furnace as the furnace ignites makes a popping noise every time the furnace cycles on- very dangerous!
- Mylar Balloon sucked into the top of a furnace!
- Roll of duct tape – been there 17 years!
- Toys – balls, boats, airplanes, etc.
- Instruction or paper information sheets from equipment or duct work – been there for years!
- Partial frames from old air filters!
- Construction debris from when the home was built! 40+ years ago!
- Beer Cans, bottles – small and large!
- Water leaking from an underground water pipe or sewer pipe!
- Loose insulation from the equipment or from the duct work sucked up into the system!
- Abnormal Operating Dirt, Dust and Debris!
- Plenum or Duct has come loose and making high velocity air sound! (See attached picture.)
If you need help with abnormal furnace, air handler, air conditioning noises call A.I.R. today at 405-618-2AIR or 405-421-5191. Or go to our website at airokc.com and schedule an appointment online.
Please have the noise checked out, you never know what is in your heating or cooling system unless you look or have someone look!
(We look for sound issues or any potential issues of any kind on every heating or cooling semi-annual service appointment. )
Replace or repair? Does your heating and cooling equipment need to be replaced? Or can it be repaired?
Hello Homeowner or Business owner,
What do you do if an air-conditioning contractor tells you that you need a new piece of heating and cooling equipment? Ask for proof? Agree immediately? Prepare to borrow money? Freak out! Become depressed! Or do you take control!
What I mean by take control is for you to give thought to a second opinion, most HVAC – Heating and Cooling contractors will give you a free second opinion or at least a free estimate to replace and or repair the equipment. So do your homework, gather as much information as you can before making a final decision. And whatever you do, do not make a decision based on the fact you do not have heating and cooling immediately, unless you need heating and cooling immediately!
Immediately means, you have health care issues for elderly individuals or young children that have no place to go, potential frozen sprinkler systems and or water pipes present that will do great damage, or you run a business with employees or customers that depend on the heating and cooling to be in place – or you lose money! But, you ultimately define immediate need. (A.I.R. supplies temporary cooling and heating in these severe needs, if possible, at no cost to you.)
A hotel room that cost $80 to $120 a night can save you thousands if you take a deep breath and do some research. Get 2 to 3 estimates before you make a final decision. Look at financing options as well, most HVAC contractors will have financing available, but it might not be the financing you can afford. Shop around, terms and interest rates, early payoff penalties and overall cost should be looked at in depth, just don’t take the first financing offer you are presented with.
As for repairs, call around, ask the contractors or their sales people if they give free second opinions. If you already have the problem diagnosed, then do some price checking. You might be surprised at the varied cost with some the heating and cooling contractors in your area. Repairing your heating and cooling equipment might be the right thing to do, however, it might be throwing money away on a piece of equipment that is worn out and used up. $300 today, $500 in the fall, $600 next summer, the investment in repairs may be a bad one. But, you must make the final decision, do not allow your contractor to make the decision.
So if you need AIR, Call 406-618-2AIR for a free estimate or second opinion on replacing or repairing your heating and cooling equipment. Let us save you some money and protect your comfort!