Carbon Monoxide Testing Midwest City Okla
What can cause a indoor furnace or air handler to make abnormal noises?
Here is an actual list of obstacles or issues I have found inside systems, blower compartments and duct work:
- Dead mouse stuck in a blower wheel!
- Blower Wheel is actually coming apart at the frame – makes a metal to metal grinding sound – too many dirty air filters over the years!
- Bad Heat Exchanger in a gas furnace – flame is rolling out of the furnace as the furnace ignites makes a popping noise every time the furnace cycles on- very dangerous!
- Mylar Balloon sucked into the top of a furnace!
- Roll of duct tape – been there 17 years!
- Toys – balls, boats, airplanes, etc.
- Instruction or paper information sheets from equipment or duct work – been there for years!
- Partial frames from old air filters!
- Construction debris from when the home was built! 40+ years ago!
- Beer Cans, bottles – small and large!
- Water leaking from an underground water pipe or sewer pipe!
- Loose insulation from the equipment or from the duct work sucked up into the system!
- Abnormal Operating Dirt, Dust and Debris!
- Plenum or Duct has come loose and making high velocity air sound! (See attached picture.)
If you need help with abnormal furnace, air handler, air conditioning noises call A.I.R. today at 405-618-2AIR or 405-421-5191. Or go to our website at airokc.com and schedule an appointment online.
Please have the noise checked out, you never know what is in your heating or cooling system unless you look or have someone look!
(We look for sound issues or any potential issues of any kind on every heating or cooling semi-annual service appointment. )